Repeating the topic of clothing from the last post, I was SO impressed with a colleague who got married last summer and found a great bridesmaid’s dress @ Ann Taylor. It happened to be on sale too (ie: limited quantities – eek!) but she called all her bridesmaids to get their sizes and then had the store gather those from other AT stores in the area and it worked out beautifully. Yay for thinking outside the wedding box! -m-
hi brides to be!
wraps by Elizabeth Gillett
another option for tiaras, headpieces…Christina Garcia
And a tip for brides with summer/early fall weddings…you’re probably working on clothing choices now for your bridesmaids, etc so remember you can find terrific flowergirl dresses in regular department stores just before Easter…there are tons of choices then in all white and they’re generally really afforable (the flowergirl’s mother will thank you!). You can go that extra mile to make it especially tie in by having a sash to go around her waist that ties in the back made in the color of your bridesmaids’ dresses :)
Aren’t these great?
A little spendier than normal stamps but they make a great gift or stamp when sending out something special (save the date cards, wedding thank you notes, birth announcements…). -m-
welp, the sweet life has come to an abrupt halt for me. my midwife, beth, suggested that everything I eat should be packed with nutritional value (lest I end up with a baby that’s h-u-g-e). If you know me you know I love all the yummy goodness of sugar :) Cupcakes, pancakes…see the emphasis on ‘cake’ :) But a mom-to-be does what she’s gotta do. I figure there will be a few exceptions…say for a baby shower? But other than that, I’m blogging this so I can fully commit to my new low-sugar life for the next 9 weeks. So no more pining for a trip to LA so I can go here. -m-
I sent my dad an e-mail a few days ago and at the end after writing all the great stuff going on at casa Mauer & m.m.p., I summed it up by saying "I’m just happy as a lark"…2006 is off to a fantastic start!
a few things making me happy at the moment…
* i love m.m.p.’s super fab interns – cassidy & tiffany
* i love having amazing friends
* i love going to the doctor’s office and hearing our baby’s heartbeat – it still stuns me and a little happy tear generally leaks out
* i love going to the grocery store and always seeing someone
* i love the fun anticipation of a summer trip
* i love how much fun it is to decorate a room we haven’t used and turn it into a nursery
* i love getting packages from ups
* i love my mom, she keeps getting cuter and cuter and inspires me -m-
Happy 75th birthday to my granddad :)
P.S. A brand new website with all new images should be coming *very* soon!
- 2013 ARCHIVES Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2012 ARCHIVES Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2011 ARCHIVES Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2010 ARCHIVES Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2009 ARCHIVES Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2008 ARCHIVES Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2007 ARCHIVES Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2006 ARCHIVES Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2005 ARCHIVES Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec