i hope you have the loveliest day…not because you open the door to a huge bunch of balloons, but maybe because you notice something/someone right in front of you and see it with new eyes.
when audrey looks at a photo of herself like the one above, i hope she can also see the subtext of my exquisite happiness in being in her company. and my deep hope is that from our images, you see what matters the *very most* to you.
i remember being a new mother and realizing “wow, i’m not going to finish the list”…up until that point i had a crazy long list and sure enough, almost every day, i finished it. but now, a handful of years into motherhood, i’m glad…because i’m choosing/consciously deciding/creating my day even more. we’re *supposed* to choose. the act of choosing is clarifying.
it shows where your bullseye is.
before summer leaves us completely, i wanted to post this summery picnic!
what are your favorite picnic tips?
here are mine…
- keep it simple…pick up cupcakes from tricia @ babycakes or lemon squares from the mousetrap, maybe a loaf of italian bread with sliced cheese/meat and fruit (grapes or cantelope wedges) from the grocery
- turn an after school snack into a picnic and enjoy the chance to chat about your child’s day
- chill juice boxes or bottles of water for a couple hours beforehand to stand in for ice packs
- pack bug spray, wet wipes & a small trash bag
- an outdoor tablecloth under your blanket helps if it rained the day before
- include a frisbee/game to play afterwards
- no cute wicker basket, no worries! i’m in love with a gray polka dotted basket i got last week…it seems perfect for everything (the pool, the library…) and could definitely keep you company on a picnic!
a favorite memory of mine from last summer was doing frisbee golf and a picnic at shilito park…as an aside, there’s likely *nothing* i’m worse at than frisbee golf ;) i barely had a lead on audrey! there were some serious frisbee golfers out there with duffel bags full of fancy frisbees…i was astonished given that i had no idea what frisbee golf was before that afternoon :) we laughed so hard and had the *best* time! but don’t pick me for your frisbee golf team if you’re olympic bound.
most kiddos in lexington headed back to school this week. but in our house, school starts thursday and we’re determined to squeeze every last drop out of summer!
- we’ve been adoring these daily emails with a lovely family idea that takes less than 15 minutes
- our favorite start of school book
- i took audrey on a surprise mother daughter date here this week
- we made sense of the bottom of a 6 year olds closet with the itso cubes at target…have you seen them? there are optional shelves and the fabric bins are the perfect size for her things.
- first day of school printables i’m excited to decorate with
images between people who love one another are far and away my favorite…i think becoming a mother makes you immediately sentimental :)
- 2013 ARCHIVES Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2012 ARCHIVES Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2011 ARCHIVES Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2010 ARCHIVES Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2009 ARCHIVES Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2008 ARCHIVES Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2007 ARCHIVES Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2006 ARCHIVES Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2005 ARCHIVES Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec