i’m so glad children never talk about work/life balance :) their play is perfect for living and learning and that’s exactly how i like things!
play is something to be preserved. i’ve been paying attention to how i can make anything i do a little more fun…a little more playful. most of the time, it’s all too easy.
turning on a happy playlist.
or opening the windows so i can hear the birds outside.
life is meant to be enjoyed.
deeply and fully.
and it’s certainly not hard to do when spring feels like magic!
yesterday, audrey and i were pointing out the prettiest trees and flowers on the way home from school. and she was calling me to the back door so i could watch the bunnies with her.
i’m glad that spring puts on a show to invite us all to savor it.
going on a walk this evening so i can see a bit more of it. xoxo, -melanie-
some loveliness from around the web:
* c-u-t-e kiddo furniture…i know, i must stop looking at these foreign websites!! but seriously, it’s modern and classic at the same time.
* such a cute card
* i’m a bit more of a moth to a flame than i’d like to admit about family travel…it’s my personal sweet spot (although i’d probably want to squeeze simplicity in there somewhere too). in case you are, too (or just love traveling with those you love), here’s one family’s year long trek around the world with one second from each day (there’s one word in the song that’s a little off-putting – sorry about that! the second time the track repeats, it’s actually the girl in the movie that’s singing :)). i heard about them from family adventure podcast, i think.
* this blew my mind – 7 countries where americans can study for free
* 1,831 questions to ask your partner on date night
* making me smile…i want to give it to every child the first time they finish a chapter book.
p.s. i worked on a hallway gallery at home last week.
oh my goodness gracious! new levels of empathy have entered my heart :)
generally, i go for something like this. and it’s so.much.easier!
the finalized set of images was a complex algorithm of perfectly balanced birthdays, holidays, vacations, everyday moments.
(i’m tempted to swap it all the photos out on a birthday with pictures of that person, and put up all the halloween shots for halloween…but we’ll leave that craziness for another spring break staycation!)
i’m appreciating our photo books in a whole new way now.