we had the *best* weekend celebrating Audrey’s birthday (more to come on that in a few weeks) and when I saw this image of her and Jason, I thought of this post I absolutely adore titled 100 Ways to be Kind to your Child. Here’s a little snippet:
1. I love you.
2. love you no matter what.
3. I love you even when you are angry at me.
4. I love you even when I am upset.
5. I love you when you are far way. My love for you can reach you wherever you are.
6. If I could pick any 4 year old (5 year old, 6 year old…) in the whole wide world, I’d pick you.
7. I love you to the moon and then around the stars and back again.
8. Thank you.
9. I enjoyed playing with you today.
10. My favorite part of the day was when I was with you and we were _______.
11. The story of their birth or adoption.
12. About how you cuddled them when they were a baby.
13. The story of how you chose their name.
14. A story about yourself when you were their age.
15. A story about how their grandparents met.
16. What your favorite color is.
17. That sometimes you struggle too.
18. That when you’re holding hands and you give three squeezes, it’s a secret code that means, “I love you”.
19. What the plan is.
20. What you’re doing right now.
see the whole list right here!